Mushroom and Cheese Strata
Take time to enjoy the beginning of a new day by assembling this casserole the night before and baking just before mealtime.Found in LHJ.
- 1 medium onion, chopped ( A cup with a capacity of 130 ml containing )
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- A bowl with a capacity of 1 liter containing assorted sliced fresh mushrooms ( such as oyster, shiitake, button, white, and/or crimini )
- A cup with a capacity of 130 ml containing shredded mozzarella cheese ( 57 gram )
- A cup with a capacity of 60 ml containing shredded Fontina cheese ( 28 gram )
- 2 tablespoons assorted snipped fresh herbs ( such as basil, oregano, thyme, and/or parsley )
- A bowl with a capacity of 1.25 liter containing French bread or A bowl with a capacity of 1.25 liter containing Italian bread, cubes
- 57 gram prosciutto or 57 gram Canadian bacon, chopped
- A bowl with a capacity of 1 liter containing eggs, beaten or A bowl with a capacity of 1/4 liter containing fat-free egg product, thawed frozen or refrigerated
- A bowl with a capacity of 2/5 liter containing milk
- A cup with a capacity of 130 ml containing single cream or A cup with a capacity of 130 ml containing light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh thyme sprig
Preheat oven to 325 F.
In a large skillet cook onion and garlic in hot margarine or butter over medium heat for 2 minutes.
Add mushrooms and cook about 3 minutes more or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat.
In a small mixing bowl combine the mozzarella, fontina, and herbs; toss to mix.
In a greased square baking dish place half of the bread cubes.
Top with the mushroom mixture, cheese mixture, and prosciutto or Canadian-style bacon.
Top with the remaining bread cubes.
In a mixing bowl combine beaten eggs or egg product, milk, sour cream, mustard, and pepper.
Pour over layers in dish.
Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours.
Bake, uncovered, for 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Let stand 10 minutes.
To serve, cut into squares; garnish with fresh thyme sprigs.
İlginç olabilecek bloglar
45 dakikaBreakfastflour, powder, soda, salt, sugar, eggs, oil, buttermilk, vanilla,Best Ever Pancakes
1470 dakikaKahvaltışeker, pekan, Tarçın, ekmek, Tereyağı, vanilya, Tereyağlı puding değil, Kuru üzüm,gecede pralin yapışkan çörekler
10 dakikaBreakfastcashew nuts, coconut, sugar, salt, vanilla soymilk thickness, cocoapowder, nutmeg, cinnamon,Coconut & Cashew Bread Paste (Vegan)
60 dakikaBreakfastasparagus into bite, cheese, scallions, eggs, sour cream, salt, pepper,Scallion Asparagus Egg Bake